Saturday, September 11, 2010

Taco Seasoning

Tonight, my fiancé and I enjoyed nachos...
 but instead of using grilled chicken, we used ground beef. I was trying to think of a way to season it when I decided to go on a hunt for taco seasoning mix recipes. This is what I ended up using and it was delicious.

Ingredients (per pound ground beef):

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1/2 tbsp flour 

Directions:
After browning the  ground beef, sprinkle this mixture into the ground beef and add a little less than 2/3 cup water. Most recipes say to drain the fat and excess liquid, but instead, keep it in for extra flavor and just add a little less water. Let the mixture simmer until the water is almost gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment